I can’t wait until my life is completely cord-free. While Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile 3G/4G has certainly helped, I’m still waiting for efficient, economical and no-brainer fixes to the power cord and charging all my gadgets. In the meantime, I explored how to better use Android’s Wi-Fi to help watch the baby, print, switch TV channels and access your home/office computer remotely.
Check it out: How Your Android Can Babysit, Print and Access Your PC Remotely for TheStreet.com.
Features and apps mentioned :
- Watch the Baby (BabyCam monitor)
- View a file on the home PC while miles from home (Splashtop Remote Desktop)
- Print everything (Cloud Print and PrinterShare Premium)
- Transfer several files fast (WiFi Explorer Pro)
- Connect a keyboard or turn phone into a keyboard (WiFi keyboard, RemoteDroid)
- Control a TV (tons of TV-manufacturer app links)